Experience - CV
Feb 06 - present
Full-Time Freelance Translator
- Translate French, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian documents Into English
- Specialize in legal, financial and luxury fashion sectors.
- Translate annual reports, auditors’ reports and AMF registration documents for the above sectors.
- Also provide translation services for various other industries, including: insurance, mining, oil and gas, and film.
- Also experienced in consecutive interpretation (including telephone interpretation) from French Into English.
- Client list includes: RR Donnelley, Elanex, an Italian fashion localization company (name cannot be disclosed due to confidentiality agreement), TranslateMedia, Divergent Language Solutions, Technicis SAS, HLTRAD, Inlingua, Geotext Translations, Flemming Zulack Williamson Zauderer LLP, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank, Satterlee Stephens Burke & Burke LLP, Liberty International Underwriters (LIU), AIG, Icarus Films and BNY Mellon.
Oct 10 - Apr 11
NYU School Of Continuing And Professional Studies
New York, NY
- Instructor of Spanish to English Commercial Translation
- Taught online to students worldwide working towards the NYU Translation Certificate.
Feb 04 - Feb 06
Globe Language Services (In-House Translator)
New York, NY
- Translated documents from French, Spanish, Italian, and Portuguese into English.
Jul 99 - Aug 01
Levidow, Levidow & Oberman, PC (Legal Secretary)
New York, NY
- Prepared pleadings for filing in federal and state courts
- Prepared documents in conjunction with real estate closings and worker's compensation claims
- Translated for French and Spanish-speaking clients
The Graduate Center at CUNY
- Currently writing doctoral dissertation in translation (Nov 2011 - present)
- M. Phil. in French Translation, A.B.D. (October 2011)
- 5-Year Chancellor's Fellowship
- Adjunct Instructor of French at Brooklyn College (Jan - May 2008)
- GPA 4.00/4.00
New York University School of Translation (Sept 2004-Aug 2006)
- Certificate in French to English translation
- GPA 3.83/4.0
Barnard College (May 2003)
- B.A. in French Translation, magna cum laude.
- GPA 3.68/4.00
Columbia Study Abroad Program (Paris, France / Sept 2001-Jun 2002)
- Reid Hall (Columbia University); Jussieu Paris VII (Université de Paris).
- GPA 3.59/4.00
Recent Publications/Speaking Engagements
- Translator, with Denise Jacobs of Fashion Forward: Three Centuries of Fashion. Rizzoli, 2017. Print. Also Exhibit at the Musée des Arts Décoratif, Paris.
- Spoke on translation/bilingualism panel at The New Dramatist moderated by resident playwright Mia Chung (May 2016).
- Review of Translation Goes to the Movies, by Michael Cronin. Graduate Journal of Social Science 6.3 (2009): 148-153. Print.
- Pitch, Tamar. Pervasive Prevention: A Feminist Reading of the Rise of the Security Society Trans. Farnham: Ashgate, 2010. Print.
- Przybos, Julia. “Smooth Collaboration: Vitalism and Judaism in Erckmann-Chatrian’s L’Ami Fritz.” Trans. Models of Collaboration in Nineteenth Century Literature. Ed. Seth Whidden. Farnham: Ashgate, 2009. Print.
- Translated news articles and personal correspondence of Philippe Halsmann from the Archives Privées de L’Alliance Israélite Universelle for historical fiction novel The Jump Artist by Prof. Austin Ratner (Published May 2009).
- Proficient in SDL Trados 2011, 2015 and SDL WorldServer.
- Proficient in MemoQ, Wordbee and Across.
- Proficient in company-specific cloud-based CAT programs.
- Familiar with virtual datarooms such as Venue.
- Member in good standing of the American Translators' Association. (2007 -present)
- Member of the Barnard Alumnae-to-Student Mentoring Program (Sept 2010-2012)